First attempt at pool DIY - Major leakage

pdilow

Apr 24, 2019
Clarksville, MD
Hello again TFP. I have finally started the attempt at opening/installing/upgrading our pool to salt water and a variable speed pump.
This is my second year of pool ownership, and last year I hired a company to open/close the pool for me.

Today I de-winterized the pool and installed the new IntelliFlo VSF (011056) pump. Everything seemed to be going well until water started gushing out of the pool heater. We didn't use the heater last year at all, and I'm pretty sure it's not functional but I was hoping to put some work into it later this year. So I'd prefer not to remove it unless absolutely necessary.

I feel like I might be missing something REALLY obvious here, so forgive me if I am. The water is coming out of the flow valve assy. on the side of the heater. It's coming out of the bottom through what feels like a threaded hole. Seems like there should be a plug there possibly? I've never noticed anything there before, and if the pool company removed it when they winterized everything last season, I'm not sure where they would've put it. I looked at the manual for the heater and it looks like it's possible a "valve drain" goes there? I feel like water would still come out of that. I don't have parts 23 or 25 from page 24 of this manual https://www.parts4heating.com/v/vspfiles/images/pdfs/MiniMaxPlusPowerMaxIG.pdf.

Heater: Pentair Minimax Plus 250 LP

Help?

Attachments

• IMG_2085.jpeg
    IMG_2085.jpeg
    646.3 KB · Views: 26
Theres a threaded plug that goes into heater to drain it. Look at the cover and open it up. I'd bet plug is right inside it or taped to the cover. Where were the pump plugs put from old pump? Many times they all end up in pump basket together

The pool company left all of the equipment in one bag but unfortunately it wasn't in there. I quickly checked inside the heater cover, but I'll have to do some more investigating around the outside. Any ideas of a part number if I can't find it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.