Fire pits and pools

I built this myself, plumbed and everything. Probably cost $500 including a fancy burner. I love it, but my wife wishes it did marshmallows better- s’mores just aren’t the same with a gas.
I’d be happy to share what parts I bought if you’re interested. Took maybe 4 hours.

Attachments

• AFA66E40-DDC2-4DDE-A210-CFB85EE9EBB3.jpeg
    AFA66E40-DDC2-4DDE-A210-CFB85EE9EBB3.jpeg
    498.7 KB · Views: 86
  • C4B7C5CE-8656-4E6F-89C3-A3D3E91EAFED.jpeg
    C4B7C5CE-8656-4E6F-89C3-A3D3E91EAFED.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 82
Our fire pit is far from the pool, usually. But since we recently purchased a new, more portable fire pit, I've put it near the pool on occasion. I would have no issue placing it near an in ground vinyl pooI. Some wood may create more flying debris, but it rarely occurs and wouldn't be directed at the vinyl liner unless it flew out over the water and then reversed course and came back at the liner.

As an aside, we recently bought a Solo Stove Bonfire model fire pit. Can't recommend it enough for those considering a wood burning fire pit. 80%+ less smoke. If you haven't seen them, or similar ones (double-walled stainless steel), they are worth a look. I'm going to sound like a paid promoter if I say more, so I'll just leave it that my review is glowing. They can go inside of an existing stone/brick fire pit with a few inches of clearance all around.

Reactions: oimamlion
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.