Finished Stenner

May 29, 2017
Houston, TX
Stenner up and running. I went with 45MPHP22 pump w/ Wion timer and 15 gal tank. Injecting 45 min. (~3/4 gal) in the evening. I tapped into 1-1/2” pvc with 1/4” nylon nipple and bushing to get back to 1/2” pvc valve. I also have LED puck light attached so I can keep an eye on timer from house. Don't think Wion supports push notifications. Constant chlorine levels keeping pool algae free!

Haven’t seen this on posts before, but found smart spout (63mm-not 70mm) on ebay that fits the pool stores 2.5 gal jugs. Jugs don't have vent and still get some chugging, but overcame that by starting out pour with jug somewhat sideways until some air gets in. Not having any spills.

Attachments

• Stenner1.jpg
    Stenner1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Stenner2.jpg
    Stenner2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Stenner4.JPG
    Stenner4.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Stenner3.JPG
    Stenner3.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 57
Love my WiOn switches and I just today noticed that Amazon Echo finally has a WiOn skill. Not that I will be asking Alexa to dose the pool but nice to see that things are progressing, I have both WiOn and Wemo switches, both work equally well but the WiOn is less expensive and WeMo does not have an outdoor rated adapter.

Very cool! Thanks for posting your system! I've wondered if something like the smart spout existed - When using the smart spout the way you are, does it help refill your tank faster, easier, without spills, emptying the jugs more completely or what are the benefits you're experiencing/you expected?

I have Wemo in house also, but at your suggestion went with Wion outdoors. Works very well. I am looking at IDevices outdoor outlet compatible with Apple Homekit. Marketed by Amazon, so Alexa friendly. A bit more expensive, but if it gives notifications and is more versatile I may be tempted. Need to do some more research first.

The spout definitely reduces spills, so if you are having to be careful it speeds things up. Empty 2.5 gal jug in less than a minute, maybe faster. Just got it so working on technique. Those jugs seem to have a dead spot where chlorine pools, so I have twist it around at the end several times to empty the jug.

Thanks! Even when dosing my pool, it still seems like I have to invert and shake a but to get my last few drops out. I'd be tempted to dump like 95% in the tank, then finish them all out in the pool, but if the spout allows for complete drainage, you've found a great tool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.