Mikey0214

Oct 31, 2021
PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Last year was my first season owning our newly built inground , liquid chlorine plaster pool with an attached spa. The help here is incredible and the test kit makes it so much easier to properly balance and maintain the water chemistry. My pool company opened the pool for me on Thursday, May 11th. Once I got the water balanced last year the only things I added to the pool was liquid chlorine and MA to adjust the PH due to the new plaster.

The pool water is clear but any suggestions on anything I should adjust to fine tune the numbers? Here are the numbers as of tonight. Thanks in advance!

Water Temperature- 68 Degrees
FC- 4.2
CC- .2
TA- 80
CH- 260
CYA- 30

Looks pretty good, just 2 suggestions:
- 4.2 is at the low end of your target range (4-6). I would target 6 or even a bit higher, especially since you have some CC
- Test using 10ML. It is only accurate to 0.5, but will save you a ton of reagent drops. (assuming you are using a TF-100 test kit)

Looks pretty good, just 2 suggestions:
- 4.2 is at the low end of your target range (4-6). I would target 6 or even a bit higher, especially since you have some CC
- Test using 10ML. It is only accurate to 0.5, but will save you a ton of reagent drops. (assuming you are using a TF-100 test kit)
Perfect, thank you for the reply! I do have the TF-100 test.

Also, should I bring the calcium hardness up to 300?

You can if you want, since it is a tab bit low. Are you tracking your CSI in the Pool Math app? If so, what is your CSI currently (it will need your pH)

You can if you want, since it is a tab bit low. Are you tracking your CSI in the Pool Math app? If so, what is your CSI currently (it will need your pH)
Right now the Pool Math App has the CSI as ~0.20.

I can’t seem to find the article on CSI. Obviously we want that number as close to 0.0 as possible. Is it better to have the CSI more on the negative side or the positive side?

Thanks in advance!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.