Fine particles through out the body of the water...

diane135130

May 22, 2020
Orlando, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am trying to get rid of those give particles. I have to look real hard to see them but they are easily arm when my robot is in the pool because it's black on the sides. I've used super clarifier and it seems like they gathered together into a creamy stream on top of the water then into the skimmer basket. I cleaned the filter numerous times until the particles are harder to see now but I want to get rid of them. I'm getting a new light for the summer and I know the light will show it clearly.

Diane, welcome to TFP :wave:

Almost all pools have little microscopic specks which show up worse at night with a light on. They can be nothing all the way to a sign of algae actually. Your numbers aren't the best as your FC is far too low compared to your CYA. The chart here shows you what your FC should be if your CYA is 70ppm.
FC/CYA Levels

I see you don't have a test kit with the *necessary* FAS-DPD test kit. Guessing if the FC is 3 or 4 or 5 ain't gonna cut it especially if your CYA is 70. Your specks could actually be a nascent algae outbreak. I would suggest you obtain this : FAS/DPD Chlorine & CC's test which will upgrade your test kit to one we require.

How come so much Calcium? Vinyl pools don't require any.

Recommended Levels

Any chance you can vacuum the surface of your water to waste to get some of that gooey clarifier out?

Maddie :flower:

I have a Taylor Test Kit.
My pool is inground and resurfaced 1-1/2 yrs ago.
Can't vacuum to waste. Old pool, no waste option...1 skimmer, 1 return jet, hayward 1200 cartridge filter.
I have Dolphin Triton robot.
Will shock with chlorine shock (no conditioner) and see how they goes. I realize my CYA is too high. Do those decreasers/reducers work?
Thanks all!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.