Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Yo TFP nation-

So I'm having a problem where my filter is full of air every morning. There was an extremely minor water leak at the bulkhead fitting between my filter shell and the union itself. I know these problems can be tough to nail down and wanted to be sure before taking the wrong thing apart. To confirm the exact spot I used my mechanics stethoscope and man this thing was amazing! You can really hear the air leak and pinpoint when the pump is off. If you haven't tried one I highly suggest it. Can ever hear the EXACT spot air is sucking from, great for bearings and other stuff too.

Here is a link.

Now for the second part of my thread, part number on the union is DE2420F but searches show up DEX2420F is this correct? Is there a corresponding o ring I can replace on the other side of the union as well since I'm breaking the seal?

Anyone replace this part before? Is there a washer or o ring on the other side where it screws into the filter shell?

Can anyone help identify my filter model number? I believe it's Hayward cartridge style. It's 46.5" to top of air vent and the metal band is approx. 21" dia to the outside.

Would like to get all my parts lined up before digging into this.

Big Thanks!!!

Attachments

• filter.JPEG
    filter.JPEG
    583.4 KB · Views: 4
  • part_number.JPEG
    part_number.JPEG
    280.1 KB · Views: 5
  • sucking air 1.JPEG
    sucking air 1.JPEG
    292.4 KB · Views: 5
  • sucking air 2.JPEG
    sucking air 2.JPEG
    290.6 KB · Views: 6
I have not tried that yet. Assuming just the clear silicone oring lube? What type of seal is it between the fitting and filter? Oring, rubber flat washer or tapered thread?

I think they are flat but who knows.. :)
Lol… Guess I’ll find out when I get in there. Was looking at the part on Amazon and I looks like there may be a lip for an oring inside. Any idea what the model pool filter this is? Would make it a lot easier to solve looking at the expanded parts diagram.

Attachments

• 79474B44-73DA-46A8-B8E0-D7A27AF4104B.png
    79474B44-73DA-46A8-B8E0-D7A27AF4104B.png
    516.8 KB · Views: 3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.