FINALLY.. I'm ready to buy a SWG.. My wife is tired of plastic jugs! :)

Pantseatflyer

Silver Supporter
May 29, 2018
Farmington, AR
I have a 17K gallon Saltwater 8000 27' round pool from the Pool Factory and we are going on our third year and absolutely love it! Thank goodness for TFP test kits and this forum, I have had crystal clear water!

When we bought the pool, I could not afford an SWG, but with the price of chlorine and all the waste of the plastic jugs, I'm ready to pull the trigger!

I guess inflation has bitten the SWG marketplace! Ouch! Prices are steep. I have decided on either an RJ-46 or RJ-60. Please see attached pic for my pump/filter setup.

Can the above SWG's be installed vertically? As this seems to be my only option.

IMG-2815.jpg

Congrats. I haven't been tracking lately, but it looks like prices have bumped up another $100 or so for the RJ-Series.

According to the manual, you can mount the unit and flow switch vertically on the return side of your filter.

The 45 and 60 is a bit oversized for your pool's volume. No real issues with that assuming the controller and cell last as advertised. A better value may be to select the RJ-20 and free-upgrade to the RJ-30. Apply the savings to a VS pump when you're ready.

Can the above SWG's be installed vertically? As this seems to be my only option
Yes if they have a separate flow switch.

The flow switch, either standalone or internal in the unit, needs upflow or horizontal.

You can loop the down pipe away from the house and put the swg on the bottom part of the loop and the flow switch on the top.

Looking at the pump from the right side of it, it would look like this.

20220509_140837.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.