Finally getting somewhere!

DeanaR

Apr 15, 2020
Uk
Just a quick one to say thank you to everyone who replied to my posts this week.
I think we Have established that I am a newb but based on advice from this site this week has been very productive!
I have managed to get into my pump,simple task to most but two days and lots of tips, tricks and profanity’s and I was finally in, YAY!
I have now identified my pipes and valves thanks to some helpful People on here.
Once i had mastered the valves I ordered myself a new vacuum hose yesterday which came this morning (big shock given the current circumstances!) but I have now vacuumed to waste a great deal of the nastiness in the bottom of my pool!

A bit of back story, the pool is a part of the house we have just moved into in December, it hadn’t been used for a min of 7 years so wasn’t feeling too hopeful about things working as they should. A lot of research and help from you guys and my swamp from a week ago now has relatively clear water and I can actually see the bottom! I still have a long way to go, more vacuuming and an algae problem to treat but am feeling super proud right now! Didn’t really know anyone else with a pool (uk) who would share my excitement so hope it’s ok to post here!
Now to get into the Dang sand filter ? who knew owning a pool was so stressful!

Once you get things up and running and balanced, you will be able to relax a lot more and enjoy the pool! Bad news you have to do all this, good news you will know your pool equipment inside and out! :)

Reactions: DeanaR
Once you get things up and running and balanced, you will be able to relax a lot more and enjoy the pool! Bad news you have to do all this, good news you will know your pool equipment inside and out! :)
Hopefully if the weather permits! I’ll still enjoy looking at it even if it’s too cold to swim Haha. I feel like I’m getting to know it a lot better Whilst being in lockdown. I can’t wait to see it sparkle ( eventually) ?

How's your chlorine/bleach situation there? You'll need quite a bit to start your SLAM. Have you thought about getting a test kit yet? Not sure on availability there. Can you get a hold of the TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C? If not, Clear Choice Labs has a kit that would work.

Good to see you're getting familiar with your equipment.

Reactions: DeanaR
How's your chlorine/bleach situation there? You'll need quite a bit to start your SLAM. Have you thought about getting a test kit yet? Not sure on availability there. Can you get a hold of the TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C? If not, Clear Choice Labs has a kit that would work.

Good to see you're getting familiar with your equipment.
Chlorine is currently zilch in the pool itself but suppliers aren’t doing too bad, I guess it’s because not many of us are lucky enough to have pools here. I have some that supposed to be coming tomorrow though so I should be good to go with the slam process, yes I have a test kit that also arrived today, couldn’t get hold of the TF-100 but am desperately searching the web for one. If I can’t get one I shall definitely be searching for the others, thank you. I am definitely getting familiar with it, it’s feeling a lot less daunting today than it did a week ago!

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.