Filter socks

I read a lot about using filter socks but where do they go? I bought some and can't figure out if I'm suppose to put it on the skimmer basket that is attached to my small filter or to put it around the filter itself with the extra sock going in the hole that the skimmer basket fits on? I have to make a profile yet but I will just say I have a 10 x 30 " small above ground summer wave pool. Thanks

Thank you. I just went out to do that but now the skimmer/filter sock sort of floats in the middle as if it's a balloon in the middle. It's a genuine filter sock I bought not knee highs or anything. It is securely stretched around the basket but the floating in the middle is strange. You think?

When the pump is on it will not float and will eventually form to the skimmer basket. Depending on the volume of debris finding your pool water, the skimmer sock can clog quickly. So check it frequently in the first week or so to get an idea on how often to clean or replace the sock. Using the skimmer socks, especially around pollen season, saves me the effort of at least two back washes and recharging my DE filter per season.

When the pump is on it will not float and will eventually form to the skimmer basket. Depending on the volume of debris finding your pool water, the skimmer sock can clog quickly. So check it frequently in the first week or so to get an idea on how often to clean or replace the sock. Using the skimmer socks, especially around pollen season, saves me the effort of at least two back washes and recharging my DE filter per season.

Thank you. But thefilter is on and most of it conforms but some stillbubbles even though i squeeze the air out. Strange. Oh well thanks again ?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks

- - - Updated

- - - Updated - - -

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.