Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi all,

My Jandy DEV60 filter has a slide valve. I was backwashing this evening and when I tried to put the valve back into it's filter (down) position, the handle kept rotating (it didn't stop like normal). I then noticed that the valve is able to slide all the way up and down, and rotate 360 degrees regardless of it being up or down. I took a closer look and see that the pin cracked.

Obviously I am going to fix it ASAP. In the meanwhile, is it safe to keep the system running with the pin cracked? It seems fine as the valve isn't rising upward at all, but I was thinking that water pressure could potentially push the handle upward without the pin there.

Also - is replacing the pin as simple as making sure the old pin is completely out of the handle and then just putting a new pin in? I have a Jandy DEV 60 and while searching online came across Zodiac part R0442100 (called "Rebuild Kit Replacement for Zodiac Jandy Backwash Valve). That seems to be exactly what I need but figured I'd check on here since so many of you are more experienced than me. I'm hoping a local pool store has the part but in a worst case see that I can get it in a couple of days by ordering it online.

Thanks for any help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.