Filter replacement

Jul 23, 2018
St. Louis MO
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey all! I have to say this forum is amazing and I have simply been lurking a year finding the answers I need to maintain the the pool that came with a newly purchased house but I finally have a problem I can't find the answer to.

I had good luck last year after heeding much advice from the forum and kept my pool sparkling clean. This year I am having issues though. After attempting to SLAM the pool for a while and much cleaning I actually noticed the dirt?/dead algea? I was vacuuming up seemed to pass 50% straight through and come back into the pool from the return and have decided it must be my filter.

My Google-Fu skills are normally above average but I cannot find the replacement for this! It is an Ecco filter system and it looks like a cartridge / DE hybrid. The filter seems to missing the DE parts on the inside though? The filter states the replacement is 817-0175N filter. Can anyone point me to a good replacement? Pictures attached.

Thanks for your time!

Attachments

• 20180723_213120.jpg
    20180723_213120.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20180723_213109.jpg
    20180723_213109.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 32
Welcome to TFP :)

Seems not very many of those filters out there, pleatco is probably the most used replacement filter company and they do not have any ECCO filter replacements.. I was only able to find 817-0150N filter replacement, I am sure you saw the same thing...

You may be able to measure the filter and go by the specs to replace instead of the name.. The better option will be to replace the complete filter with a modern cart filter but that will also be the most expensive option...

I hope this helps

Thanks for the responses!

If anyone else ever has this question ...I contacted Inyo and they suggested they Hayward FC 1287 but the q.a section someone asked about my exact filter and they were pointed to the C-1750/PA175/PL0147. I am going to measure to double check but I think this part will fit for me! Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.