Filter pump

rtrev64

Aug 8, 2021
Garland, Texas
Hello. I have a coleman 18 ft x 48 above ground pool.

In regards to the pump that came with it. I'm having a hard time keeping the water clear. I'm wondering if the pump is doing its job. How do I know?

The motor runs, there is water above the inlets inside the pool.

When I look at the hoses connected to pool does all hoses supposed to be filled solid with water? Because i see not all hoses are filled solidly with water.

I don't know if the pool water is circulating.

Thank you ..

Welcome to TFP! :wave: The factory pumps and filters that come with Coleman, Intex, Bestway, etc are typically small and meet basic pool circulation needs. Pools like this require exceptionally clean water because they cannot support the extra strain or restrictions. I would definitely suggest testing your own water with a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit. That is the foundation of good water care. As for the plastic tubes filling completely, they may not, but we'd need to know more about your pool care and chemistry. Be sure the pump strainer pot is full of water under the clear lid which is usually easy since the waterline is above the pump. But be sure the O-ring under that clear lid is lubed with pool silicone lube. Then check all connections for a good, airtight seal. We'll help from there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.