Filter/Pump not working properly

Aug 15, 2016
Tacoma, WA
I’m not sure what’s wrong with our filter/pump system. The water fills in the preliminary basket and then rushes out with no suction. We have very little return pressure. (I took a video, but it isn’t supported to upload within The forum, hopefully you can view them here: Pool issues ) I’ve done a backwash with the sand filter like I normally do, and that did not result in any change. Any help is appreciated!

Loosing prime like that at the pump is an indication of air getting in the system between the skimmer and pump inlet - a suction side leak. Those flex hoses are notorious for letting air is as well. I would start at the skimmer/suction port and work your way slowly back to the pump. Inspect every inch and connection fitting carefully for any potential signs of air getting in. Also be sure the pump clear lid O-ring is lubed well.

"skimmer/suction port and work your way slowly back to the pump. Inspect every inch and connection fitting carefully for any potential signs of air getting in. Also be sure the pump clear lid O-ring is lubed well."

Check your skimmer weir/door. Then lube the lid oring.That's a very cheap looking lid. That's probably the problem. That looks like a lid issue or water level skimmer issue. Start with the lid. and skimmer door.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.