Filter gauge question

Jun 11, 2016
Boston, MA
A really dump question.

I have sta rite system 3 cartridge filter. Today I noticed there are some air bubbles in the pump basket, so I opened the gauge valve, and it took about 30 sec to have a strong steady stream coming out from the gauge. All good.

An hour later, I cleaned the pump basket. This time, it never got a strong stream. Only a very weak stream. No air bubbles. The filter pressure was same as before after I close the valve.

What has happened within an hour. Before everytime I open the filter pressure gauge, I can get a strong stream shooting for 4 , 5 feet including the first time today. Just feel so weird.

I have a system 3 and exactly the same situation. It used to shoot 5 or 6 feet, now less than a foot. it still purges air like it should. I'm planning to take it apart and clean it, but it's going to be a week before I have time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Turn off the pump and unscrew the air relief from the filter.

STA-RITE 24850-0105 SYSTEM 3 POOL FILTER VALVE & GAUGE ASSEMBLY

That's the part if you want to Google to see what's involved.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.