Filter becomes clogged after an hour

I was hoping you'd be closer & I could try to give you some help. We're leaving for vacation Friday & just don't think I'll have the time this week.

You could start a siphon with your vacuum hose & get most of the remaining debris out without using the filter. Not sure how much water you would waste.

The pool doesn't look so bad that it should clog the filter that quickly. My guess is that the fingers themselves need a good cleaning. Hayward used to recommend soaking them in a solution of muriatic acid. I don't remember the concentration but you can check your owner's manual to see if they still recommend that procedure & the concentration.

If your CYA is really 0, you need to get some CYA/stabilizer in the pool to protect your chlorine so it can do it's job.
Otherwise CL will burn off quickly and algae will return. If that was just a typo and you do have CYA in there, great!

Yeah, CYA is 0.

Completely drained and re-filled last year. Have been using bleach ever since so there’s no way for CYA to get in.

How much should I add?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.