Filled pool with well water and straighted that situation out....

dogfishfrank

Jun 29, 2019
Coastal, NC
Bought a small intex pool to beat the summer heat where I live. Im close to the beach so the majority of times we go there to beat the heat. Renting my home so I just filled the pool with well water from the outside unfiltered hose, which I wasnt aware was unfilted at the time, about 6 weeks ago. Had some metal issues and ironed them out. Pool is crystal clear with no immediate issues. I have been reading a ton of posts here about CYA and it was high 10 days ago. I drained some water and then added a few inches of fresh water with a hose I rigged from the (filtered) faucet in the garage mud tub. It definitely helped and I am in the right area of levels now.

Just asking your opinions of my levels right now

FC-5
pH- 7.5
TA-130
CH-150
CYA-55

The TA and CYA need a bit more work but I feel like if I do more chemistry I may throw them completely out of wack. Should I just drain a bit more water and add filtered water again? Thanks

Looking quite well. Just wantch the FC. You're at the minimum right now based on a CYA (rounded-up) of 60 as noted on the FC/CYA Levels. I know it's a fine line between avoiding iron precipitation and algae, but you seem to be doing well. :goodjob:

Reactions: dogfishfrank
Don’t worry about the TA. Chlorinating with liquid bleach means you’re not adding acid via pucks, so over time your pH will rise. You will counteract it with adding acid, which will lower pH and TA at the same time. Over time it will equalize. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.