MamaG

Jul 9, 2021
Las Vegas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi, new to this forum, hoping to find an answer. I just had my pool re plastered new cool deck and new coping. My problem is with the fill hole. Prior to the replaster the water came through a PVC type pipe into the pool. The company that we used for the plaster did not put one in. Should that be a concern? They said it was grouted but I don’t believe that because on the last day they were here, one of the guys had to drill the hole bigger. As it is, the are now here redoing the coping, the tile and spacers they put in because they did a horrible job. I could go on and on, but I think I’m almost satisfied with the repairs so far, besides the fill hole issue.

Attachments

• E8944DC8-B7B9-4D09-938F-07CA0053EFA9.jpeg
    E8944DC8-B7B9-4D09-938F-07CA0053EFA9.jpeg
    364.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 90F181AD-C18E-4A69-919B-62A779B1BCDA.jpeg
    90F181AD-C18E-4A69-919B-62A779B1BCDA.jpeg
    445.4 KB · Views: 14
Is this a hole for your auto-fill?
It should be PVC and cut off flush with the tile (some may have a return eyeball at the pool end of the pipe. The PVC pipe runs from the auto-fill canister into the pool as a continuous piece.

Reactions: MamaG
We don’t have auto fill. We do it manually. Old school style! But it had PVC before this company chipped out the plaster for the new plaster.

Then it needs PVC, just like it was before the replaster. Make sure they attach it to the old PVC and not just push it into the visible hole.

Reactions: MamaG
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.