Fiberglass vs Plaster finish

Razzle1980

Aug 31, 2022
Los Angeles
I currently have a concrete pool with a fiberglass finish. It was like that when I bought the house. I'm considering redoing my pool with a color finish along with tile and coping. I'm trying to decide whether I want to refinish with fiberglass again or if I should do plaster. From everything I've read, fiberglass seems to be easier to maintain and will likely last longer. Any thoughts on this?

Hello Razzle, welcome to TFP :handwave: Can you share a picture of this hybrid pool? I imagine to do a plaster finish that fiberglass will have to come off.
As to plaster versus fiberglass, if the pool were all one or the other it would be easier to compare. I like my fiberglass pool as you say,its easy to care for. The obvious limitations are mostly during the build when it comes to different depths and shapes that a plaster pool can accomplish that a fiberglass pool leaves you at the mercy of the company's shapes. That really isn't a matter for you as your pool is already built.

I'd compare prices, warranty and how hard/easy it is to get the work done? How many fiberglass re-modelers are there compared to plaster installer companies?

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.