Fiberglass Pool with high water table

SERK51

Jan 3, 2019
West Monroe, LA.
Hello! We just had a fiberglass pool installed with sump and we do live in a high water area. I've read a lot about fiberglass pools and hydrostatic pressure but can't seem to find a definitive answer to a concerning question. I know about not draining the pool without extra care of pumping out the water surrounding the pool. My question is when I do check the sump it's always within a foot of the water level of the pool. I can run the sump pump and pump it all out and a week later its back up. It never goes higher than the pool level but do I need to keep pumping the water out of sump when it gets close to pool level?

If it were my pool I would set up a float system to have the water always 2 feet below the top edge of pool. I have high water table and have 3 sump pits all with float pumps on auto, piped underground and to drainage. How big of a sump pit did they install is it 10" diameter or larger? Have a pic u can post?

Hi Jimmy, I have a 10" sump pit. I also have a separate drain pipe running horizontally from underneath the shallow end of pool next to the overflow pipe for extra drain in case water get to that level. Your float pump idea is great but unfortunately would cost me quite a bit more in demo, plumbing and pouring new concrete and matching patio color and what budget we have for remaining project is going towards our landscaping around pool which is currently a mud pit from all the rain we've had since pool install. We have had one of the wettest winters on record here in Louisiana and has delayed getting sod, beds and palm trees. The horizontal pipe has been draining especially during rainfall and I guess that's what's helping the main sump from getting closer than about a foot from pool level. I guess I'll just keep manually pumping the sump for now until we could budget for float pump and extra drainage. Thanks!

Sounds like they made some provisions for the water to get out. Your ground is probably very wet from all the rain I have times of the year my pits are fairly dry. You could easily drop a vertical float sump pump and hook a cheapo flex drain on it and hang it to the height you want from the cord and leave it in there as a temporary fix for rain periods so you dont have to babysit the pump. The horizontal pipe is an overflow to the sump pit? Where does it drain to do u have a lower area where gravity takes it? If so that's a great setup and will keep you safe with the water level

Hi Jimmy, yes the shallow end where both the overflow and extra sump tube running next to it are at a downslope angle for easy water flow. Yes the sump tube is an extra for the sump pit. It’s just installed lying horizontal underground close to outside of shallow end. I’ll get some pics up when we finally get landscaping done. Surrounding area looks like Crud with all the mud and a couple of washouts from lack of a yard til they fix it and lay sod.

I am a new owner of a fiberglass pool
And I have a sump pit of 8 inches wide
at the deep end of the pool. I know that the purpose of the sump pit is to drain the ground water out first, in the event of ever having to drain or partially drain the pool.

Do I have to be concerned about the water level in the sump pit raising?
Thank you

If it were my pool I would set up a float system to have the water always 2 feet below the top edge of pool. I have high water table and have 3 sump pits all with float pumps on auto, piped underground and to drainage. How big of a sump pit did they install is it 10" diameter or larger? Have a pic u can post?
How high is the water around your pool if it hasn’t rained? We have a similar situation and I would like to pump water when it elevated past a certain threshold. I just don’t know what to set that threshold at. Thank you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.