Fiberglass pool floor uneven

TheSadClown

Jan 22, 2020
Surf City, NC
I got my pool installed back in Jan and today was my first time actually in it. Right away I noticed in the low end that the floor is uneven.
I remember when it got put in they did put down rock and everything looked level.
The waterline is even so thats good but the floor being uneven has me a little concerned, Should I reach out to the pool installer and ask this question or do you think its normal?

thanks

Might just be me, but I'm having difficulty seeing how the floor can be uneven if it was set in-place on a good gravel bed, especially if the waterline is level. Unless during install with the crane, one side/end somehow dropped crooked to cause a depression before being placed all the way down. Do you have an extremely high water table there? The gravel should help if you do, so I can't imagine that moving much. Is there any chance that was an original design (contour) feature or something? If none of that seems to make sense, I suppose you could call the installer to get their thoughts.

Might just be me, but I'm having difficulty seeing how the floor can be uneven if it was set in-place on a good gravel bed, especially if the waterline is level. Unless during install with the crane, one side/end somehow dropped crooked to cause a depression before being placed all the way down. Do you have an extremely high water table there? The gravel should help if you do, so I can't imagine that moving much. Is there any chance that was an original design (contour) feature or something? If none of that seems to make sense, I suppose you could call the installer to get their thoughts.

I live on an island and the water table is high. I mean I guess there is really no real way to fix it other than maybe it getting settled after hours of foot traffic over the spots maybe. Hopefully it doesn't cause any structural damage which is my main concern.

The pool guys made this pool fit in a really tight space and they did a great job with that. The only other issue I have with the pool is that they messed up the unions for the deep end and one of them is like 1 inch to far back.

Last edited:
Hopefully it doesn't cause any structural damage which is my main concern.
It would probably be in your best interest to discuss your concerns with the installer and document it. If for some reason gaps/voids under the floor result in instability or cracks from too much flex, you'll have good grounds for a warranty claim. Hopefully that never happens as FG pools are quite durable, but you never know. Enjoy your new pool on the island. :swim:

It would probably be in your best interest to discuss your concerns with the installer and document it. If for some reason gaps/voids under the floor result in instability or cracks from too much flex, you'll have good grounds for a warranty claim. Hopefully that never happens as FG pools are quite durable, but you never know. Enjoy your new pool on the island. :swim:
Thanks man, yea i just shot them an email so hopefully they have some good response other than "its fine" because the uneven floor isnt normal lol.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Extremely odd that the floor would be uneven but the waterline would be level(?)

yea not sure, like I mentioned its in a high water table nothing but sand foundation with rock added. hopefully it will somewhat settle once people get in and start moving around. because there really isnt anything I can do otherwise to fix it. maybe rent a small paver and drive it in.

Do you think what you're feeling is a hollow area of fill under the pool? Is that causing the floor of the pool to flex or move somehow when you walk on it?
You mentioned rock being on the base, then mention sand with rock added.....these are two different things. Ideally only rock, no sand, is used as a base and backfill because it doesn't shift easily nor "wash out" like sand might.

Can we see a pic of the pool and yard?

Maddie :flower:

Do you think what you're feeling is a hollow area of fill under the pool? Is that causing the floor of the pool to flex or move somehow when you walk on it?
You mentioned rock being on the base, then mention sand with rock added.....these are two different things. Ideally only rock, no sand, is used as a base and backfill because it doesn't shift easily nor "wash out" like sand might.

Can we see a pic of the pool and yard?

Maddie :flower:
I mean the land under my feet is nothing but sand since I live on an island. They added rock.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.