FAS/DPD reagent

Yoav

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2010
Pardes Hanna, Israel
Apparently there is a distributor for LaMott test kits in Israel (finally!), and I am looking into it.
I was wondering if anyone here used their kits (not the electronic, ColorQ ones) and can provide feedback.

What I was not sure about was the FAS/DPD reagent.
They seem to refer to a DPD #1 powder as the FAS/DPD reagent.
Shouldn't the FAS/DPD test use a different reagent than the "regular" DPD test? Is there a way to tell the difference?

On the Taylor website the R-0870 is listed as DPD powder and the R-0871 drops are listed as reagent for FAS/DPD test.
Is there a difference between the powder and the drops or can both forms be used as FAS/DPD reagents?

My basic assumption (based on my simple test kits) is that DPD #1 reagent is used to test FC up to 3 ppm, whereas FAS/DPD (reagent?) can test FC up to few 10's of ppms)
LaMott lists several "types" of DPD reagents on their website (DPD 1, DPD 1R, DPD 1A, DPD 1B, DPD 1 powder, DPD 2R, DPD 3, DPD 3R, DPD 4, DPD 4R)

Any help clearing this up is appreciated.
Cheers,
Yoav.

Well if there other kits are anything like the ColorQ ones I'd avoid them, I had two of their ColorQ and when I tested them brand new against buffer solutions the readings were miles out, suffice to say I sent them back and bought myself the more expensive but highly accurate Palintest Pooltest9 Premium.

Freelancer said:
Well if there other kits are anything like the ColorQ ones I'd avoid them, I had two of their ColorQ and when I tested them brand new against buffer solutions the readings were miles out, suffice to say I sent them back and bought myself the more expensive but highly accurate Palintest Pooltest9 Premium.

Thanks Freelancer.
After some experience with electronic testing equipment, I decided I'd rather use simple, reproducible, no-maintenance testing devices.
I hope that in the ColorQ case, their electronics are off, which would mean I could still use their other simpler kits.
Unfortunately Palintest do not have representation in Israel.

Yoav said:
JamesW said:
As shown here, LaMotte calls their FAS-DPD reagent powder "DPD #1 Powder". To be sure, the part number is (6807)

Regular DPD uses DPD tablets or DPD liquid, not powder.
Thanks James,
That sure clears it up for LaMotte.
I wonder if that holds for the Taylor kits as well...
The Taylor FAS-DPD powder is reagent R-0870.

JamesW said:
Yoav said:
JamesW said:
As shown here, LaMotte calls their FAS-DPD reagent powder "DPD #1 Powder". To be sure, the part number is (6807)

Regular DPD uses DPD tablets or DPD liquid, not powder.
Thanks James,
That sure clears it up for LaMotte.
I wonder if that holds for the Taylor kits as well...
The Taylor FAS-DPD powder is reagent R-0870.
OK, now I see what I've been missing... the test uses both reagents... :oops:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.