FAS-DPD Powder Scoop Replacement

PenskeFile

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Georgetown
Somehow we have lost the little blue scoop used to measure out the powder used for the FAS-DPD Chorine test. Anyone have ideas on what best to use as a replacement? For now I guess I will fold a small piece of paper in half, sprinkle on some powder and shake off what looks like the excess. I feel like a drug dealer though!

perhaps an 1/8th tsp measuring spoon? Filled only half way?

Too bad you can't get those old McDonalds spoon coffee stirrers...they did remove them and went with the flat sticks when the found out coke users loved them. <snort!>

You can buy a new one from TFTestkits.net for 15cents. Call them and ask if you send them a dollar if they'd send it in an envelope? Would cover the stamp, spoon and envelope. :goodjob:

Yip :flower:

In a pinch anything you can use to get the amount you need is ok. If you do the best you can to get that as best you remember, it will be close enough. It doesnt take much, and this particular reagent isn't critical, so that will work until you get a new spoon.

Thanks for the tips. I probably need a whole new batch of powder anyway as mine is very clumpy due to a moisture influx. It seems to work and measure the FC well, but I get a bunch of black residue coating the inner walls of the tube when I'm done.

Thanks for the tips. I probably need a whole new batch of powder anyway as mine is very clumpy due to a moisture influx. It seems to work and measure the FC well, but I get a bunch of black residue coating the inner walls of the tube when I'm done.

Mine did that too when it got older and moisture hit it. I found if I just squirt a bit of rubbing alcohol in the tubes it cleans it right out.

Yip :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.