Failing Hayward T-15 cell

errorz

Oct 6, 2015
Phx, AZ
Good morning everyone. I am just posting to confirm that which I have read through various posts.

I have a Hayward T-15 swimpureplus. The serial number says it was made in 2016, however installed 04/17.

This season, I am getting notoriously lower salt readings from the controller. I know not to trust their "estimate number" rather have tested my water with salt strips at 3400ppm. The controller is reading ~2600 in both the current and instant readings even after numerous resets.

The cell is still generating (though check cell/ salt) are still lit. I cleaned the cell at the start of the season as there was very minor build up on the sensor side of the cell. This corrected the issue for about 1 week then the low salt reading came back. I have checked twice to ensure the cell is clean.

This seems a bit on the low end for cell life (pretty much 3 years exactly). The cell is only a 3 year warranty as well per the serial number.

Again, the cell is still generating, I am just expecting failure eventually with the readings. The cell does get quite a bit of sun in Phoenix in the summer, causing a portion of the label to start to peel. Could the excessive heat cause the cell to fail early?

My plan is just to squeeze the last bit out of the cell before replacing her.

I thank you for all help in the matter. The cell has been great, I just was not expecting to run into problems at the 3 year mark! Appreciate ya'll!

For AquaRite, move the switch from auto to off and check all of the readings.

Move the switch back to auto and recheck the readings.

Move the switch to off for a minute and then back to auto and recheck the readings.

Report all readings.

What are the first seven characters of the cell and box serial numbers?

What is the actual salinity and how are you measuring it?

What is the T-cell size?

Is the T-cell size correct in the settings/configuration?

To get the performance percentage of the cell, divide the instant salinity reading by the actual salinity reading.

You need to be really sure about the actual salinity reading.

You need to use a K-1766 salt test kit or a calibrated meter.

Note that ProLogic, AquaLogic and AquaPlus use the Hayward T Cell.

However, the procedure to get the diagnostic readings is different.

Here is the procedure for ProLogic, AquaLogic and AquaPlus:

Go to the diagnostic screen, note the readings and then press the + button to reverse the polarity.

When the new numbers appear, see what they are.

Then, press + again and note the new readings.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.