Eyeball aim/size or skimmer/floor return balance - best way to ensure proper skimming?

Pprior

Gold Supporter
Feb 14, 2018
Englewood, FL
Our pool installer put very small eyeballs into our pool because they can't get enough pressure into our in-floor cleaning system to meet factory spec. We have since put that on a separate timed circuit so pool return is not active during cleaning cycle.

So now I'm thinking these small (3/8") eyeballs are probably not ideal
Additionally they are all aimed up towards the surface which creates surface rippling which I've read is not ideal.
We see fine surface debris floating on our pool.
We run our main low flow pump at around 1450 rpm for energy savings so flow rate is probably pretty low. Both the skimmer return and the inflow return are "full open" on the valves

So some options on how to make skimmer and overall pool work better:
1) increase flow rate of pump
2) partially close down the in floor return to increase skimmer intake (note: concern for what this will do during the in floor cleaning cycle)
3) aim eyeballs down
4) increase eyeball size
5) something else I haven't considered.

Appreciate any feedback.

Aim them down and to the side. You want to create a circular flow. You can use ping pong balls to see how the flow is going. Ideally, you want to release them past the return and have them do a full circuit and end up in the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.