Exterior raised bond beam re-finishing

Smithoreen

Aug 25, 2019
Sacramento, CA
Pool was built in 2011. Opted against finishing the sides of the pool due to costs so PB put up stucco material. Now the exterior of the raised bond beam has cracks, blemishes & is peeling. Would love to have it look better. Stone, paint, tile? What would I use to make it stick - grout, more stucco, ?? Any examples of what others have done? Thx.

20210316_174829.jpg

Thx for the reply jimmy.
I have about 1 1/4" of overhang. What are my options?
*Paint over the stucco and with what type of paint? What can I fill the cracks with?
*Plaster a thin veneer (faux brick/sandstone/rock) over the existing and what is used as the adhesive?
I can do a lot of things myself but trying to decide if I need to call "the guy" to do it for me.
Mike

Avoid paint it will show all the cracks thru it. Stone or tile is a good choice but substrate needs to be sound. Chipping stucco coat off is the best bet then a outdoor rated thinset or veneer mortar for the tile/stone. Just make sure its thin enough to be under the lip

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.