Extend AquaRite T-Cell Cable

I know this is over a year and a half old but...

Couple of things:

First thing i would have asked is, is there any way the box can be relocated? This would remedy the problem in the easiest way IMO with regard to warranty.

If not, i would have contacted the manufacturer to see what they think. Because whatever you do, it won't be what the manufacturer suggests (Murphy's law).

If it were me, and i had no direction (here i am again...) i would have cut the plug and soldiered the line to extend. This would offer the best connection. Using plugs can, and usually do, create a pinch, or a point of resistance. That equates to higher amperage draw and more importantly HEAT! Iv'e seen more than one of those plugs burn up, so if we can keep from adding any of those plugs, i'm for it! And i would think the manufacturer couldn't disagree with you there.

And lastly, extending by 6 feet? I'm not sure if that would affect the salinity reading or not. Extending wire generally means raising resistance. Now is 6 feet going to affect the reading that much? It would probably depend on if you used the same wire size, or went down a gauge (bigger wire).

...that (to me) would be a good question for the white jackets at Hayward.

Last edited:
HI All,

Using this thread I was also able to build a junction box to extend my T-Cell. I bought this Molex Connector Corporation 76650-0078 kit as I could not find the pieces separately. Followed the pin out from above, super easy.

Thanks again!

76650-0078.JPG

76650-0078 Molex Connector Corporation | Kits | DigiKey

Do you have a picture of your junction box?

I need to extend my cable as well but I do not want to have an ugly rigged looking end. Also Mine is in underground 6" PVC pipe and needs to be water proof (Just in case)

Thanks,

-ThaChad

Gilbee, you were right about this being a Molex connector. :)

Yesterday, I grabbed a bag of random Molex connectors we use at work and, amazingly, one of them fits the Hayward Connector PERFECTLY!!

The Hayward connector is based on a standard Molex Mini-Fit Jr. Receptacle but it looks like Molex custom makes this connector for Hayward because the latching mechanism has been removed. I looked up the part and I've come up with the following Molex part number for the mating connector: 0469931011 (pdf attached) . The plug will require male pins (PN 0039000040) for the wires.
Any chance you would still be available to make one of these for me? Or course I would pay for your time, parts and shipping. I definitely do not have the technical skills to take on such a project.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.