Expensive mistake

@PuyRobin, lots of replies already I see. But don't be discouraged just yet if some recommendations appear challenging. Let's give our field experts like @AQUA~HOLICS and perhaps @Poolbreh some time to see this thread. There advice may be the same as others provided, but you never know. Maybe there's another angle based on your scenario.

@PuyRobin, lots of replies already I see. But don't be discouraged just yet if some recommendations appear challenging. Let's give our field experts like @AQUA~HOLICS and perhaps @Poolbreh some time to see this thread. There advice may be the same as others provided, but you never know. Maybe there's another angle based on your scenario.
Thank you,
I look forward to hearing from them and others .
Chris

Hire a certified electrician who is well qualified to do the installation. This DIY project may be best suited for a professional, for the safety of the people who will use the pool.
Hello and thank you for your reply,

The lights are only low power 12v one of the reason for my choice. I had asked 2 electrician to price for the job before I decided to take the diy road, none wanted to take up the job. Where I live trades men can pick only the best jobs, this is why I'm hoping for some help and understanding of how to from the forum.

Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Texas Splash
I would bet the cable attached to light is not rated for direct burial and that it needs to be installed in conduit. So there needs to be a run of conduit from the pool wall up to a approved junction box (there is a requirement that the junction box has to be at least a certain distance above the max possible water level). Also make sure the conduit does not have more then 360° of bends.

Have you tried a local pool service company?
Good morning,
Yes this was my first contact, they would only do the complete refurbishment! This for me was far too expensive at over 45,000e for a 4x6m pool only a plunge-pool. I asked f they would make the electrics only but it was a no, we asked 3 company's. Where with the diy way I'm hoping all costs wlll under 5000e which is a very big difference.

Chris

Reactions: Texas Splash
I would bet the cable attached to light is not rated for direct burial and that it needs to be installed in conduit. So there needs to be a run of conduit from the pool wall up to a approved junction box (there is a requirement that the junction box has to be at least a certain distance above the max possible water level). Also make sure the conduit does not have more then 360° of bends.
Good morning,
Yes I understand this ,it is good working practice .
Thank You