Cypress, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hello all. We’ve been using the pool more with the warmer weather in South TX. We recently noticed black spots showing on the coping and pool expansion joint. Could this be mildew or mold? Does anybody know what I can do to clean it up? Appreciate any help or suggestions.

Pool was completed Oct 2022. IMG_0905.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0906.jpeg
    IMG_0906.jpeg
    499.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0907.jpeg
    IMG_0907.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 4
Could this be mildew or mold?
That would be my first guess. I'm seeing more & more of stuff like that on our flagstone coping from all the recent rains. You might try a diluted mixture of bleach and water, let it sit for a minute or so, gently brush and rinse away from the pool.

Reactions: /Ejm25
That would be my first guess. I'm seeing more & more of stuff like that on our flagstone coping from all the recent rains. You might try a diluted mixture of bleach and water, let it sit for a minute or so, gently brush and rinse away from the pool.
Thanks! I’ll give that a try. We just noticed it today and have it around most of the pool.

Reactions: Texas Splash
As with any pool cleaning project, consider a small test area first. That way if it works to your satisfaction, great. Keep going. But if for some reason something doesn't seem to work or look right, you only tried a small test spot/area. No real harm done.

Good luck!

Reactions: /Ejm25
As with any pool cleaning project, consider a small test area first. That way if it works to your satisfaction, great. Keep going. But if for some reason something doesn't seem to work or look right, you only tried a small test spot/area. No real harm done.

Good luck!
Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.