Execution of Scored /Diamond Cut Concrete Pool Deck / Info Needed

parkinsmith

Gold Supporter
Apr 30, 2021
Clifton Texas, Lake Whitney
I am now leaning toward the brushed concrete deck as I decided to add more deck and that is easy on the budget. I have seen some very nice concrete decks that are scored or diamond cut , saw cut etc. My PB has told me if I want to score , diamond cut or do something like that so the deck has some lines etc. I need to go find my own sub to score it . My questions , is that unusual ? Is doing scored or diamond cut concrete a specialty? Is it risky to go find a sub to show up while they're pouring the deck to do the scoring? Any insight into this process would be great.

I did the diamond cuts in my concrete and my PB had never done them before but they still had their concretes do it. Pretty crappy of your PB to say that-it was relatively easy to do it seemed and I can’t imagine any concrete contractors not being able to figure it out. Also instead of saw cutting it they put the lines in with the trowel while the concrete was wet and it looked brutal bc they had to even out every single square as they went along bc it would leave trowel marks, they did a big section at the end that had to be saw cut and it took all of 10 minutes and I imagine they were wishing they had just let the whole thing dry and saw cut it. For what it is worth the charge was an additional $2500 for 800 some sq ft of diamond cut concrete

Attachments

• B7197118-5BEB-4352-963B-4AFC39F618EE.jpeg
    B7197118-5BEB-4352-963B-4AFC39F618EE.jpeg
    347.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.