Equipment layout options

pskkd930

In The Industry
Jan 19, 2022
Atlanta
I'm trying to finalize how we will layout the equipment and if the space makes sense. The space I would like to use is about 8.5 feet wide and about 5 feet deep. It's on the back corner of the house and my plan is to go pumps(2), filter, heater from left to right(back to front on the house). The 8.5 feet gets a little limited with a fence on one side and a gutter off the house on the other. The fence I would like to be able to get to for repairs, but I suppose moving the heater wouldn't be the end of the world for that kind of work. Also don't want to put the heater too close to the fence for obvious reasons. The gutter could be buried, but it would only gain us 6 inches before we would pass the end of the house.

The other obstacle I have is we would really prefer to not mount anything on the house. My plan was to use struts and conduit as poles and put it behind the pad. If I do that I assume that I need to pull the pad at least a foot off the house and that would only leave about 4 feet for both the pad and the pipes which doesn't seem like it's enough if I'm only getting about 7 feet in width. I suppose I could mount the panel either on the left side perpendicular to the pad or just put it in front of the pad which I'm also not a huge fan of. Ultimately I would like the option to fence this in if it becomes a noise or sight issue.

I may be overthinking the mounting on the house issue. It's not like we are going to get rid of the pool at any point, but I feel like at some point in the future we may change automation systems and I really don't want more holes drilled in the brick.

Would love to hear thoughts

Similar issue with mounting, except mine was a fence (thinking was if I ever had to replace the fence...someday), they installed a 4x4 post into the ground and mounted the automation panel, wireless trans. and lighting transformer to it. I don't have great pics of it, this was about the best I could find or you could look through my build. My concrete equipment pad is about 3 x 10 or so, it's sort of tight, but it works for what space I had. Trees-Gate-Fence.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.