Equipment identification

mdramir

Jun 1, 2020
Phoenix
Hi everyone,

I am curious about the purpose of this hose spigot between my pump and filter? Is it just to relieve air? Is there some function where I might need to hook up a hose there?

I also am wondering if the three pipes going into the ground from the filter are for my three returns or do they each do something different? And why is there a faded green valve on the skinnier pipe? I haven't been able to figure out what that valve does. There use to be a self-chlorinating Pool Frog system that has been taken out due to a leak.

I am just trying to familiarize myself with the pool.

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2023-06-04 at 2.12.07 PM.png

Those spigots are put in as a way of draining the pool on cartridge filter systems that don't have a main valve, and thus no way of pumping to waste.

As to your other questions, can you show the rest of the pad? Do you have a spa? Are your pop up jets working at the moment?

Reactions: mdramir
Thank you for the reply. It's about a 12,000 gallon pool with no spa. Three return jets, one skimmer, no water features.

Pop up jets work, but the pressure has been really low (5 psi) since I opened the pool about a week ago. I replaced the port-valve gears for the pop ups about two years ago. Filters, baskets, impeller have been recently cleaned so not sure why the pressure is low. The green valve didn't seem to change that issue. Pressure is around 15 psi on the filter.

There's an old UV system mounted to the wall that has been disconnected. And the lowest piping off to the side in this photograph is where the Pool Frog system was located.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-04 at 5.08.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-04 at 5.08.04 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
Since you are in Phoenix are you sure that 3/4 line with the green shutoff doesn't go to an aerator on the pool (looks like an open line or cap just above the water line with a slit cut in it)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.