Equipment Advice Please?

The best thing to do is get a price on the unit, installed, from the pool builder and decide if it's right for you. With no water features, no spa, and no heater, the cost might not be worth the convenience of operating the pump and SWG. Automation requires more complicated wiring configurations. Upgrading in the future can be costly since existing wiring and controllers need to be changed out.

Are you planning on a spa or heater? Even in a warm climate, a heater is nice to have. Coming out of spring, it takes time for water temps to reach comfortable levels. I've found that I can bump up water temps once or twice and maintain them early in the season with the use of a solar cover.

There are some good articles posted in "TFP Wiki". You can find the link at the bottom of the page. Here is one on automation.

no plans for a spa or heater. I’ll read that automation article. Thank you!!

The best thing to do is get a price on the unit, installed, from the pool builder and decide if it's right for you. With no water features, no spa, and no heater, the cost might not be worth the convenience of operating the pump and SWG. Automation requires more complicated wiring configurations. Upgrading in the future can be costly since existing wiring and controllers need to be changed out.

Are you planning on a spa or heater? Even in a warm climate, a heater is nice to have. Coming out of spring, it takes time for water temps to reach comfortable levels. I've found that I can bump up water temps once or twice and maintain them early in the season with the use of a solar cover.

There are some good articles posted in "TFP Wiki". You can find the link at the bottom of the page. Here is one on automation.

Like Rancho said may not be worth it if your not controlling anything besides the SWG. In my case I control my heater, pool light, pump, landscape lighting, and pump for pressure side cleaner (when it was working). You can also control valves for water to solar panels based on temps.

Reactions: PoolNewbRN
If your user name means what I think it means, pool maintenance is a lot easier than saving lives...so, I think you're good.

You won't need the chlorine feeder. It uses trichlor tablets which will add too much CYA to your pool. Tablets are okay for occasional use, but you can use a tablet floater if necessary. Apply those funds towards an upgrade to a salt water chlorine generator (SWG) rated for 40,000 gallons.

Best of luck!
Does it need to be 40,000 gallons? The builder is putting in a Hayward turbo cell T 15. I assume this means 15,000 gallons?

Hi PoolNewbRN! Welcome to TFP! You are in good hands here and will love your TFPC (trouble free pool care) water! Please make sure you get a TF100 to test your water! Before you know it, you'll be teaching your husband how to take care of the pool.

Reactions: PoolNewbRN
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.