Emptied pool and liner came up

tm8747a

May 17, 2021
Ottawa, ON, Canada
So recently we had some landscaping work done and we were going to relocate the pool equipments as part of it. They got disconnected and the contractor could not put them back in place immediately as we were waiting on our shed to be built and we were going to put them back in there. So the pool sat for a month+ with no pump running and no chemicals being added. The water got really green and dirty, so my wife became adamant that she wanted the pool water completely replaced. I thought it was silly as the chemicals and some vacuuming can kill anything bad in there, but she kept insisting so I set to empty the pool and replace the water. I found it was a bad idea. The liner came off the deep end pretty badly, I assume it means there's water pressuring from underneath. I texted the guy who was in charge of the pool project and he told me it was a terrible idea to empty the pool and to refill ASAP to prevent the possibility of the pressure popping the pool up. So I've been refilling today, and I also have a sump pump in the pipe next to the pool, not sure what it's called in english, in french it's "puit d'assechement" (translates to drainage well), it's the one connected to the french drain around the pool I think. So far the pool is half full and the liner is not going back down. Will the pressure of the full pool be enough to bring the liner back down or am I screwed? And by screwed, I mean how much is this going to cost me?

Attachments

• pool_liner_bad.jpg
    pool_liner_bad.jpg
    903.5 KB · Views: 35
  • pool_liner_bad2.jpg
    pool_liner_bad2.jpg
    820.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
What you have is called a well point here. Keep filling the pool and pumping out through the well point. Eventually you will pump out enough ground water that the liner will settle into place, however there may still be wrinkles. You will probably need to have the liner reset, but since it is fairly new a pool repair guy should be able to do that for you.

What you have is called a well point here. Keep filling the pool and pumping out through the well point. Eventually you will pump out enough ground water that the liner will settle into place, however there may still be wrinkles. You will probably need to have the liner reset, but since it is fairly new a pool repair guy should be able to do that for you.
Thanks so much. I kept going and the liner still to return in place and it doesn't look like there are wrinkles, though I'll be able to see better once the pool is cleaner. But I think it's looking good. Thanks so much for the advice.

Reactions: zea3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.