TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2018
Alamo, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My pool is too hot (91F right now) and I'd like to use the Night Cool feature of the Pentair EasyTouch controller to run the solar at night to cool the water.

But my EasyTouch 8 won't let me move the blinking selection to Night Cool. It moves between the screen number (2 in the photo) and Freeze Enable without going to Night Cool.

Otherwise, my solar is set up and operational (just not needed in summer). I cannot find any EasyTouch setting which will enable Night Cool to be selected, much less enabled. Anyone know the secret?

I don't have ScreenLogic, so I can't try it there. Thanks for any solution.

IMG_0055.JPG

I finally figured it out after clicking through every menu including Diagnostics.

It turns out my indoor controller is on firmware 2.15 and my outdoor controller is on 2.16. So I went outside, and I was able to select and enable Night Cool. The new setting reflects on the indoor controller, but still cannot be selected there.

I wonder what other differences there are between the two versions, and how I might update the indoor controller to 2.16.

Thanks, JamesW, for taking the time to try to help.

I have seen no evidence of Night Cool actually working. But I found out why. Once you enable Night Cool, a new parameter appears, Pool Max Temp. It defaults to 100F, so Night Cool was not engaging. I'll try lowering it and see what happens.

IMG_0062.JPG

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It works! I was outside this evening wondering why my pump was running beyond schedule. With the pool at 91 & the air at 73, the pump & solar were working to cool the water. Nice!

:cool:

Just too too bad the older firmware on the indoor & wireless controllers can’t control it.

:|

Your signature says a replaster this year, did you purchase all that equipment in 2018 as well? If so, you may be able to either get Pentair to send you the indoor controller with the matching firmware, or get a local factory warranty station to flash everything with the latest FW.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.