Easytouch + screenlogic + thunderstorm = chaos

The idea with the surge suppressors is to put one close to each device you want to protect.

Actually, let's let @panic_button chime in about his setup... I don't actually have any (gasp!), but we don't get a lot of T-storms out here.

After much debate, this is how I wired mine with the 485 surge. I wanted to protect the main EasyTouch board just in case of a hit. The only hard wired item I have is the indoor remote pad, and I also have the add on expansion RS485 card. I am open for any input on how it can be wired better...

RS485Surge.jpg

Hey Panic, thanks for the pic! Is the thicker green wire to the right (coming up out of the hole) a ground wire connected to the suppressor?

After a bit of challenging solder work, I'm happy to report that my system is back to 100% functionality! Thanks to everyone for the help! It's a bit of a story, but I wound up replacing chips on the protocol adapter, the in-house panel AND the main control panel.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.