Easy Touch Remote no comm - Wireless P4 easy touch 2A remote

carol531

Apr 21, 2020
texas
Hi all. I've searched all the threads and can't find this exact issue. Our wireless remote worked fine until recently. 2 things happened recently. I updated our wireless router, and it changed some settings because everything in the house on wifi had to be reprogrammed. (I understand this should not be related to the pool remote problem, but it happened and this is almost exactly what happened when we bought the house and added the new wifi system. Took forever to get the pool remote to work, but can't remember how we did it) Also had a bad storm recently. Now, the remote says NO COMM all the time. I went thru the signal/sending process at the panel outside and with the remote, shut off the power and tried again. Tried the whole process multiple times. Still NO COMM. I also checked the antenna. The power light is on and red. The RF LINK and 485 LINK lights are dark. What am I doing wrong? Thanks so much for any help. This thing is driving me nuts.

it sounds like you've done all the right things. do the rf and 485 leds ever flash? i.e, if you press an aux circuit do you get a flicker on the 485 light a few seconds later?, or are they both always dark all the time?

it's a long shot but you can check the continuity of each of the 4 conductors from the easytouch comm port to the transceiver card. if that's all fine, then the card could be kaput.

rf yes, 485 no. The rf light will blink once if I press a button on the remote, but I have gone thru the whole signal sending and searching process again, and the remote never finds the signal and the 485 light never comes on at all.

the working rf led tells me it can receive data (and possibly transmit too - meaning the radio might be ok).

but no activity at all on the 485 led indicates that the comm chip on your card is dead... preventing it from communicating with your outdoor board. it was probably killed by the storm you mentioned.

no worries at all... i apologize! i tend to talk about this stuff like everybody's intimately familiar with it.

the card that's (likely) dead is the transceiver card with the rf and 485 leds on it... the part number is 520946z. i sometimes see them on ebay for under 200, but you can get new ones online for about 250. it's a shame they cost so much because they seem to have a high failure rate.

it sounds like you've done all the right things. do the rf and 485 leds ever flash? i.e, if you press an aux circuit do you get a flicker on the 485 light a few seconds later?, or are they both always dark all the time?

it's a long shot but you can check the continuity of each of the 4 conductors from the easytouch comm port to the transceiver card. if that's all fine, then the card could be kaput.

I am also having the same issue but the lights on my card do flicker. The power light stays on and the RFlink and 485 lights flash. Is there a way to rule out if its a bad card versus a bad controller or might I have some other issue going on. I have also sent the wirelessaddress and scanned with my remote several times as well and shut power down to the whole system. Lastly if the card or remote are toast does it make sense to replace them or to upgrade to the Screenlogic setup? Thank you for any input here.

From Pentair Tech Support.

The RF light on the antenna receiver is not supposed to blink, it only flickers when a button is pushed on the remote (when the remote is synced). If you unplug the antenna receiver and then plug it back in and the RF light is flashing, then that is a bad antenna receiver. (the black block with the 4 wires going into it can be pulled straight off the antenna card and then placed back on to cycle the power at the antenna itself) The part replacement # for that is 520946Z.

I did that and got the RF and 485 lights to blink once when I plugged it back in, but still couldn't get a lock on the signal from the panel to the remote. I sent in that info and hope to hear from tech support tomorrow. And reading reviews of screenlogic, I'm not sure if we want to trade one problem for another!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.