Earth accumulation on pool bottom.

alli35

Jun 3, 2020
poughkeepsie, ny
Hello all,
So here is the story. Last year I had an issue with the earth coming back in to the pool. I have since learned that problem and fixed it. The issue i have now is i closed the pool with all the debris and earth in the pool from last year because i was so frustrated. Now I can not get the dang thing clean. I have ran the filter for at least 2 weeks, back-washed multiple times, taken apart multiple times, and still can not get it it all out.

The filter is 2 years old with brand new grids.
the chemicals are all with in the correct ranges.
I have tried to use an automatic vacuum but with in 10 min it says it is full. When I go to dump it it is just a layer of what looks like silt.
I can not set up a manual vacuum because the skimmer is currently Jerry-rigged because their is a hole on the top step and does not allow water to go high enough for the skimmer port but yes the water is going through the skimmer it is just done through a pipe system we created to allow for proper water flow.

Sorry if any of this is confusing, I am so defeated by this dang thing.

please help

We should be able to help, but we'll need a bit more info.
- Update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. We look at that first on every post
- Post a full set of water test results. They need to be from a TF-100 (link below) or Taylor K-2006C test kit. Test strips and store testing is unreliable.
- Tell us how you chlorinate the water

With t hat as a start, we should be able to help. Thanks for posting!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.