Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Help! I’ve lost my TFP sparkle!
It’s been there everyday since the build in May/June. Today I opened my auto cover and the water looked dull. Took a full set of tests and nothing has strayed too much. The last thing I did was add MA to bring the PH down a little 2 days ago. Maybe it’s too low for my other readings? I want to work in getting my CH down and draining and refilling is not an option as our fill water is very hard. Any suggestions to get my sparkle back?
ff1086c80da471f4a8dc3fa44c175af4.png

df57100c2ee8860f443f184b6afa03b2.png

Bumping the SWG as you did is exactly what you should have done. Trust your testing but also trust your eyes if you don't see an improvement by tomorrow you may want to consider bumping up to SLAM level and run an OCLT. If you do do the OCLT don't forget to turn off the SWG so it does not interfere with the test.

Your CH is totally fine I would not stress about it. I have hard water too and by the end of summer will be well over 600 ppm before the rains come and provide some relief. As you get over the 400 mark keep an eye on your CSI and try to stay at 0 or slightly negative and you should not have a problem.

A CC of 1 is elevated. Might have something to do with the cover being on and limiting the amount of oxidation that can happen. I'd leave the cover off today and let the water breath. Let the sun hit that water and oxidize the CCs and retest later this evening or tomorrow. Between that and increasing your SWG production for today, maybe that will be the Rx your water needs. If the dullness gets worse or you suspect something else is wrong, you can always do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to be safe.

Thank you! We are swimming all day, and there is an abundance of sunshine as well. I will retest tonight before closing the cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.