Ducks enjoying a swim

May 19, 2016
St Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi. I have a pair of ducks that visit this time of year for a few weeks before they leave until next season. They like to swim and drink from my 5ppm chlorinated pool. My wife thinks this will cause them to be sick. I think if won’t hurt them for a few weeks.
But we don’t know either way. Does anyone have any comments on if the ducks will be effected in anyway by drinking the pool water. B30CA3A4-9D44-4A60-82F5-2040BF894302.jpeg

Reactions: Smshaw
Had some here after the neighborhood pond dried up. (Don't get me started on the cities pipe infrastructure).

Actually ordered some reflective floating balls, and surprisingly, they do the trick quite well.

Haven't come back since.

For me, it isn't the birds that bother me...but rather what they leave behind...in the pool, on furniture, beside the pool, etc.

Reactions: BowserB
Had some here after the neighborhood pond dried up. (Don't get me started on the cities pipe infrastructure).

Actually ordered some reflective floating balls, and surprisingly, they do the trick quite well.

Haven't come back since.

For me, it isn't the birds that bother me...but rather what they leave behind...in the pool, on furniture, beside the pool, etc.
The droppings in and around the pool can be a mess, for sure. Lol The pool uses a bit more chlorine it seems when they are around.

Reactions: john0886
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.