Drop in replacement for Jandy Truclear?

coilerman

Bronze Supporter
Sep 29, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My two year old Jandy Truclear has the leaking top glass problem. When I googled it, I couldn't believe how many hits I got on "Jandy Truclear top glass leaking". There must be a dozen threads on TFP alone. I wish I had know when I bought this thing. I'm told that I might not have warranty coverage because I installed it myself. If that's the case, does anyone know if there is a drop-in replacement that does not require me having to adjust the plumbing? The length of the cell is 6 inches.

No warranty coverage - well - take that with a grain of salt. If you call Jandy they will most likely send you a new one. Their tech support is very supportive. But no, nothing will swap out with it.

You were correct. It took me a long time to get through but once I did, Jandy support was very helpful. They are shipping a warranty replacement cell immediately. Hopefully, this one holds up better.
Glad you had a better experience than I did. The rep I spoke with weeks ago (for the same leaking issue) almost seemed to be smiling when he told me I had no warranty since I self-installed the system. After a couple of strongly-worded emails, they *say* they are sending me a new cell (on backorder - shocking). And just in time for the control panel to fail; the buttons are now completely non-functional, and I can't adjust anything or even turn the system off without just killing the power. Another common defect with this system, it seems. Mine is ONE year old.

Kinda done with this system. I'm yanking it out and installing something else. Leaning toward the CircuPool RJ45, which seems to be a highly-recommended and reliable system, with a 7-year (pro-rated) warranty, even for DIY. Confirmed on the phone with them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.