CowboyMama

Jun 10, 2021
South Dakota
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey everyone, I am BRAND NEW to being an AG pool owner. As in, we bought and set it up last week. I have a PolyGroup Summer Waves 24'x52" (approximately 12,500 gallons). We thought we were setting it up on fairly level ground, and after filling, we realized we are 3-4" off.

The deep end side poles are perpendicular, but seem like they are bowing. The shallow end side poles are starting to lean in towards the center of the pool. We are planning on draining the pool down to 1/3 full and try the floor jack and 2x4 method to straighten the poles and put pavers underneath. And then pushing as much dirt around the edge of the liner as possible.

We just want to be able to enjoy it for the summer without too much worry of it giving way and then plan to take it down and do it the right way next year.

I'm just looking for advice on the best/fastest way to drain the pool. Tips from anyone that has leveled poles this way. And reassurance. Lots of reassurance!

Welcome to TFP! :wave: By now you might have already emptied the pool huh? If not, you can siphon or use a sump pump. As for leveling, it's a tedious job but must be done right. Just take your time. Can't speak much for the jack method, so be careful.

Reactions: CowboyMama
Since all of the legs have to sit on pavers, you'll need pavers under the high side and then you'll have to double or triple pavers under the low side, unless you went with thicker ones on the low side. If you don't have a laser level, a water level is also very effective.

I strongly urge you not to attempt to use a jack with the pool partially filled. You need to drain and re-do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.