Dpd test becomes pink from transparent or slightly pink after sitting a while

AsiPasi

In The Industry
Jun 11, 2021
Italy
Hello, I'm new here and I've been having this problem which never happened to me. As I said when I run a chlorine test with DPD 1 tabs with the water from pool I work at, the water becomes lightly pink at first and then after one minute or so keeps getting pinkier. I'm using this: Bayrol Pool-Tester 287123 Pasticche per la misurazione del PH e del cloro nelle piscine, confezione originale: Amazon.it: Giardino e giardinaggio and these tabs: Pastiglie Dpd - Acquavivastore

I'm sorry if it's in Italian, I couldn't find the same thing in English.
If it could help, the pool already has a chlorine dispenser which I have to fill with slowly dissolving chlorine tablets (again, don't know how this are called...).
I have worked on other places but never had this problem and I couldn't find anything anywhere. It could also be a mistake from my part... Thank you for your help

Welcome! While this test kit is not one we normally use here in the US, I suspect what you are experiencing is something similar to ours. Once you add the reagent, in your case tablets, and test the chlorine level, the test is done. We don't leave the solution sitting or else the chemicals will change back to a different color. So just do the test, record it, then immediately discard the sample. Hope that helps.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
Welcome! While this test kit is not one we normally use here in the US, I suspect what you are experiencing is something similar to ours. Once you add the reagent, in your case tablets, and test the chlorine level, the test is done. We don't leave the solution sitting or else the chemicals will change back to a different color. So just do the test, record it, then immediately discard the sample. Hope that helps.
Thank you a lot, I guess I have little chlorine in the pool. :salut:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.