Done with my SLAM. Now onto fixing the rest of my numbers.

Just finished my SLAM today. I have literally been in SLAM mode since March 26th from an uncovered green swamp during the Winter. Looking back I probably did it way too long because once I found the thread about putting DE through the pump to remove the dead algae I was done. I went ahead and bumped it up to mustard level for the 24 hours because I figure I have come this far that I might as well make dang sure. My FC finally fell below 10 so I could test everything so here are my numbers.
FC = 7.5
CC = 0
Ph = 8 (already added 116 oz muriatic acid and am about to retest to see if I got it down to 7.0 to begin aerating)
TA = 240 (INSANE!)
CYA = 40
Temp = 80
Should I just leave it aerating all night then check it in the morning? Any ideas on how long it will take me to get it down at this point?

It will take some time to lower that TA, but you don't have to go crazy with aeration to try to elevate pH after dropping it, to lower TA again with acid. I would "passively" address the TA by simply lowering the pH to 7.2-7.4 whenever the pH rises ABOVE 7.8 again. It will come down over time and you hopefully won't have to hassle with it as much as if you intentionally try to drive the pH up through aeration. My TA is elevated every spring when I partially refill with ~280 ppm TA tap water. Right now my TA is up to 120 from last fall at 90 but my pH rise is fairly minimal. Every pool is a little different so your mileage may vary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.