Done!! in Corpus Christi, TX.

Re: Underway in Corpus Christi, TX.

Deck is in!!! Really love the color, Canyon Gold - my wife also helped me decide against pavers/brick/flagstone as she thought the decking would be easier to care for (unless of course a leak rears its ugly head)/less expensive and would overall present a 'cleaner' look, I agree. The large gaps are for Chicago brick to tie things in with the house. A pic of a gas lamp we had placed near the spa - my wife absolutely loves the look of the flame. Landscaping to follow - more pics as we progress. From a technical standpoint, I think our pool builder, Pools by Brad, did a fantastic job. Slope looks good, umbrella holders are 'tight', skimmers/jets etc are well set and level, 4" drain looks great and appears set to do it's job as our neck of the woods is somewhat flat and can see quite a bit of rain..... They also added a 'fiber' of sorts to the decking material to give it a bit more strength. Again, very pleased thus far. Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_2416.JPG
    IMG_2416.JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_2415.JPG
    IMG_2415.JPG
    217.5 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_2414.JPG
    IMG_2414.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 428

Looks great. When you said "decking" I instantly thought of wood decking.

I presume this is a "spray deck"ing?

Looks like you're almost done. Have they grouted the tiles or is that a job for the plaster crew?

Used decking loosely, sorry. Correct, poured concrete followed by Kool Deck equivalent. Tile has been grouted - all that remains there is the tile step markers.

Great looking project. One suggestion however would be to tie the downspout (located near the spanish tiled patio) into the channel drains. We had all of our rear downspouts and deck drains tied into a single 4" sewer drain that transports the water to the neighborhood storm-water ditch. It appears as though the water from your downspout will exit directly onto your deck. If left that way, it'll green up with algae, blacken with mold, or erode your topcoat over time as bits of roof shingle "sandblast" the deck.

I wouldn't recommend dumping the water right around the foundation of the house.

I'm pretty sure they're gonna tie into the downspout. I know they will on either side of the house and we've run conduits everywhere. That 4" drain will tie into a PVC towards the opposite side of the patio and run just below surface level to the side of the yard and out the back. I've been dealing with drainage issues and wanted to make sure everything is perfect at the end of this project. I'll talk to my landscape guy to make sure Thanks!!!

Nice job. You mentioned "umbrella holders". Are these in the deck or pool. I am in the process of a pool build myself and plan to have inserts in the pavers for umbrellas in the obvious lounging areas. I haven't decided what to use for them yet and can't find a product designed for this use. Thanks.

I found a few on eBay after searching high and low. Stainless, 11" deep, about 1 3/4" inner diameter, drain hole at bottom...had them installed in my deck. See pics below. There were some other options I came across but they were too expensive. Hope these work.

Attachments

• IMG_2416.JPG
    IMG_2416.JPG
    271.3 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_2405.JPG
    IMG_2405.JPG
    282.9 KB · Views: 353
  • $(KGrHqZHJEUFBggwK(kmBQfGYePOmw~~60_57.JPG
    $(KGrHqZHJEUFBggwK(kmBQfGYePOmw~~60_57.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 352

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Got started with the brickwork. The area around the spa is done as is the wall to conceal the pad/equipment. We'll also place brick around the edge of the deck and in the expansion joints. Can't wait to take a power washer to everything....

Attachments

• IMG_2423.JPG
    IMG_2423.JPG
    252.1 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_2425.JPG
    IMG_2425.JPG
    277.9 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_2421.JPG
    IMG_2421.JPG
    217.7 KB · Views: 267

More progress. Brickwork is just about done - will post daylight pics once cleaned up. They also came and installed some equipment - I'll assume there is more pending since there are a few pipes unspoken for. One thing I don't recognize is a black container that has 'Silencer' written across the top. I'm guessing it's the blower for the spa??? Still trying to figure out where everything goes...in time I guess. Also forgot to mention that my pool builder was kind enough to 'kool deck' the equipment pad....nice touch.

Attachments

• IMG_2432.JPG
    IMG_2432.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_2430.JPG
    IMG_2430.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_2431.JPG
    IMG_2431.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 259

More.

Attachments

• IMG_2435.JPG
    IMG_2435.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_2436.JPG
    IMG_2436.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_2434.JPG
    IMG_2434.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 258

Thanks! I bought these off of eBay. Couldn't find a retailer that carries 'em. Restoration Hardware carries their umbrellas though, might be a good starting point.

Very pleased with the outcome. Beyond pleased, actually. We went ahead and took care of the entire back yard - gutters, drainage system, grading, new sod, landscaping, playground (rubber mulch/rubber curbs/refinish) and of course pool/deck/spa/Pentair Laminars and pergola. Landscape lighting wires are in but I haven't installed the lights yet. We went with Sunstone, Super Blue finish. Using an automated Hayward PS8 with remote system. Still have some cleaning up to do. Enjoy!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3606.JPG
    IMG_3606.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_3615.JPG
    IMG_3615.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_3607.JPG
    IMG_3607.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 172

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.