Dolphin working but not communicating with power supply.

GaryParr

Aug 21, 2020
Rhode Island
So, started my Active 30 this morning from my phone. About the time it started the self-test, I got an error in the app stating the robot is not responding and asking me to check the blue cable. The little guy appears to be working fine... doing his thing right now, cleaning away. It just seems the feedback to the power supply is acting up. I turned it off, re-seated the blue cable (after blowing it out... you know, it worked for the old Atari cartridges), and started it up again with the same result. Anyone run into this before?

Getting 0 replies here on TFP is concerning... I've hit a unique issue which probably means parts replacement.

I did send a note off to dolphin support through the phone app yesterday, hope to hear something back soon.

You need to open up the swivle and motor connector. Water might have reached them. You will need to clean it out. Dont turn on the power supply anymore until then.

So I shouldn't be running my robot right now then, eh? I mean... he's only got another 10 minutes to go on his 2 hour cycle.

I'm assuming this would be inside the robot that you are talking about? If that's the case then I'm looking at a warranty claim it seems.

Sorry i misinterpreted.
If the app is the only thing not responding then i would suggest, deleting it and reinstalling . If the robot is working fine from the console then the robot is fine.

The app seems to work fine as I can connect, change the cleaning mode, and start a job...

1655238384760.png

It's just that when the job starts, I get this...

1655238502075.png

Now, while this is shown on the app, the robot is happily cleaning away like he's supposed to. And, if I click "STOP" on the app, he does stop. It seems to be whatever feedback is supposed to occur between the robot and the power supply (to indicate an error during operation such as failing the self-test or getting stuck or whatever) is not happening.

For anyone who is interested, I took everything to my local dealer and they ran a few tests. Couldn't find anything obvious in the psu or the robot, but didn't have a spare cable handy to swap out to see if the cable was bad. So they had to get one from the manufacturer who is, apparently, very backed up. So a month later and I'm still waiting for that cable to come in so we can see if it fixes my problem.

• Angry
Reactions: Flying Tivo
Hi, yep, got the same issue.. I personally think it's a firmware issue.. I had a firmware update about a month ago... then it started playing up with the same behaviour... a week later, again, another firmware update came through.. was ok again.. now 1 week ago, another firmware update and same issue again.. I uninstalled the app, reinstalled, even on different phones.. powered off several time. Still the same.. can select a program, cleaner starts cleaning but then jumps back to main screen on phone, then back to cleaning screen, then the "Robot is not responding" screen.. when I select "Slide to pickup" similar behavour, but it starts cleaning (not going into pickup mode.. but same issue.. goes to pickup screen, then back to main menu, then pickup screen, then "robot is not responding" but it just cleans the pool instead. I've got a Maytronic M600

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi, yep, got the same issue.. I personally think it's a firmware issue.. I had a firmware update about a month ago... then it started playing up with the same behaviour... a week later, again, another firmware update came through.. was ok again.. now 1 week ago, another firmware update and same issue again.. I uninstalled the app, reinstalled, even on different phones.. powered off several time. Still the same.. can select a program, cleaner starts cleaning but then jumps back to main screen on phone, then back to cleaning screen, then the "Robot is not responding" screen.. when I select "Slide to pickup" similar behavour, but it starts cleaning (not going into pickup mode.. but same issue.. goes to pickup screen, then back to main menu, then pickup screen, then "robot is not responding" but it just cleans the pool instead. I've got a Maytronic M600
This is almost similar behavior which i saw with my M600 leading up to the robot not starting at all with app or with button activation on the PS. At first there was intermittent starting/ not starting, not coming up to pickup and cleaning instead, communication error with the red triangle in app and then communication error with the triangle half formed and robot not doing anything. Tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by maytronics: take robot out of the pool, unplug power supply, unplug the cable from power supply, wait, reconnect cable, plug in the supply, hit the start button. Robot started once and I happily put it in the pool only for it to stop again. Next troubleshooting cycle, it was completely dead. I have sent it to maytronics where I had to pay one way shipping which was almost $70. After more than a week of no communication from them, they are apparently sending it back and is with Fedex where they want to deliver with direct signature. I cant even sign off for them to leave it at my risk, deliver to neighbor or deliver in evening. The most I could get done was have it held at a fedex store and am awaiting for them to clear it for pickup.

I expected a bit more from a company which boasts award winning warranty and charged me $1500+ for a machine in the first place.

@GaryParr did you ever sort this issue out? My S300i started exhibiting the same behavior today (perhaps not coincidentally the day after a thunderstorm appears to have also caused damage to my SWCG and fried a TV as well). The robot will complete a normal cycle but after starting I get the “Robot is not responding” screen in the app, and when he does complete his cycle the ring on the power supply remains solid blue, whereas previously upon completing the cycle the ring would turn off.

I tried dealing direct with Maytronics at first, but they wanted me to ship the robot to them. That was a no-go for me, so I worked with the dealer I had purchased it from. That worked well because they let me take the robot home to keep using him while we were waiting on parts, which took a while.

Reactions: Auburn02
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.