Dolphin Triton PS; starts and runs for a couple seconds, then stops

nanobooboo

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jul 20, 2019
Cottageville SC
Good morning! My little helper has quit working. Nothing in the impeller or in the way of the tracks or brush. Took off the cover and no debris in there at all. Impeller turns for a second, tracks and brush activated and then everything stops. The manual says to clear cleaning program by pushing the button 4 times. I've done that many times - the lights go on under the "1", "2" and "3" and then blank. The power remains on. Unplugged everything overnight, still no more than the initial cycle. Any ideas? Sent an email to Maytronics, only a year old.

The symptoms you describe sound like a bad motor. All of the robots "brains" are built into the motor assembly. My guess is that the easiest thing to do is to send it in for repair under warranty and they will simply put a new motor in the unit. At 1 year old, it should still be under warranty. Unless you have a local authorized Dolphin repair shop, then you'll be out the shipping and handling.

Usually if it’s under warranty, parts AND labor are covered as the shop charges Maytonics for it. My guess is that shop is trying to get you to pay the difference between what they get as a walk-in repair and what Dolphin reimburses them.

Check with Dolphin on what is covered under the warranty.

Usually if it’s under warranty, parts AND labor are covered as the shop charges Maytonics for it. My guess is that shop is trying to get you to pay the difference between what they get as a walk-in repair and what Dolphin reimburses them.

Check with Dolphin on what is covered under the warranty.
So just wanted to let everyone know that Maytronics fixed my Dolphin under warranty, and it was the motor that went bad. I did have to pay shipping and insure it (pushing $70 after all of the prescribed packing instructions and a UPS supplied box). However, they had it repaired and back to me in 4 working days! Great service! And I know it had to be one of their busiest times.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.