Dolphin S400 Issues

dhabe

May 1, 2018
Lebanon, Ohio
My old Dolphin died at the end of last season and I just dropped my new S400 in but I am having issues. Note that the pool is VERY cloudy and green due to issues (including the dead vacuum) at the end of last season. Not sure if that may be messing with the sensors?!

It ran a full cycle earlier today. I cleaned it out and went to run it again. Now it keeps giving me errors. Mostly that something is stuck in the drive motor. I’ve disassembled the top, cleaned the impeller multiple times. I took the motor loose and did find a little debris but that did not resolve the issue. I also took the treads off and cleaned them - again, nothing that seemed to be significant. It does roll forward and backward at the beginning of the cycle like normal. I did the diagnostic test (upside down out of water) and it appears to be normal. Very frustrated at this point - the thing is brand new. Any ideas?

I plan to call Maytronics but have to coordinate around work.

Last edited:
Hey dhabe,
I'm sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your Dolphin S400 😕
You've mentioned that the pool is currently quite cloudy at the moment, so that may also be a factor in the robot's behaviour - what kind of filters are you using with your robot?
And if you planned to call us but can't find the time, no worries - we're one private message away 😉

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.