Silver Supporter
May 1, 2016
Hopkinton, MA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
The other day I noticed that my s300i panel was not blinking as usual- we have it set to go 3 times a week..
Checked to see is ur came unplugged- plug was done, outlet was not tripped.
Multimeter used to test power cord, it's fine. Tried testing the black plug on the other side for pet, but the unit itself will not turn on.

Any thoughts, or ideas to troubleshoot? Really hoping the panel isn't fried! This is the 3rd summer we have used it.. but basically it had been 2 Summers off actual use.

Sounds like power supply got fried. Was there any power issues recently?

The shop you bought it from should be able to give you a diagnosis. These units only have 3 major components - power supply, cord and motor. None of those are “repairable “ in the general sense if the word - they are simply replaced and the old ones are thrown in the trash. The power supplies and motors have to be paired with one another and that requires a Dolphin tech to do it. You can’t just swap power supplies.

I have 4 power supplies that I got from the guy I bought my 30i from and they all work with it. He didn’t even have my robot the last 2 times I got the power supplies from them. He says they are interchangeable and that the dealers will feed you a line of bs. Take it for what it’s worth but that’s my experience with them.

Were you able to just go to a pool supply store and buy the parts?

When you say the power supply must be fried, which part do you mean? The removable chord tested fine, so I am guessing you are referring to the picture here? 15353784824341515721316.jpg15353784824341515721316.jpg
Thank you all so so much!

The box that the power plugs into is the power supply. If you don't have any lights when you plug it in, and the power cord and power from the outlet are good, then your power supply is bad. Do you get any lights when you press the power button?

No lights. It's really a bummer that you have to replace the whole unit. There are two com boards inside the supply- it would be much less wasteful if one could just replace the fried board.
I'm seeing prices online around $200 for a new power supply. For you all who have replaced them- is that about average?
Thank you all again for the help and patience!

I called the place we bought the robot from and apparently I had bought it when there was a 3 year warranty deal.. so they are replacing the power supply for free under warranty!!

I called the place we bought the robot from and apparently I had bought it when there was a 3 year warranty deal.. so they are replacing the power supply for free under warranty!!

Well then, I suppose your forum username is well-deserved....great news, let us know how it works out! Did you ask them if there’s any special pairing that needs to be done between the power supply and robot? I was under the impression from other threads that it required a tech to intervene (the Dolphin Techs have an App they can use to gather diagnostic and runtime information from your robot).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.