Dolphin s300i issue - shuts off

bmsm6

Mar 19, 2016
NC
We've had our Dolphin s300i for a little over 3 years (this is its 4th summer), and a few weeks ago it began having issues. It would start moving when we turned it on, would go forward and back a few times, then stop. Tried some troubleshooting suggestions from Maytronics, which didn't fix it, then took it to an authorized service shop. They didn't see anything wrong with it after taking it apart, and when they put it back together it ran a full cycle just fine. We brought it home and it ran 2 full cycles over the weekend. Now it is having the same issue as before (stops after less than a minute). Has anyone else experienced this? I'm hesitant to bring it back to the service shop since they "fixed" it before and it didn't last.

In case anyone else has this same problem in the future, here was our fix: I opened the robot to find that a little plastic piece had fallen off (circled in red in 1st picture). Once I pressed it back on where it is supposed to go (I didn't see a way to screw it on...just a little plastic tab that should hopefully keep it in place - see 2nd pic), the robot ran just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_3599.jpg
    IMG_3599.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3600.jpg
    IMG_3600.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 37
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.