Dolphin S200 only runs for 10-15 min

pjku79

Apr 17, 2015
San Antonio
I just got my S200 about 1.5 months ago from Marina. When I first got it, I watched is several times and I know that it would go for at least an hour.

The last few weeks I have been noticing more leaves in my pool. I make sure and clean out my skimmer and my s200 baskets. Yesterday, I was in the pool and started the s200 and it only ran for 10 min. I thought it was odd, so i restarted it and again only went 10-15 min. This happened 3 times yesterday.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong or what I can try?

Give this a try. Link
Wasn’t sure about linking other websites, but the copied steps are below. Note on step 5, mine ran for several minutes, not the 30-45 seconds.

1) Unplug everything. Unplug the power supply from the outlet and the Dolphin from the power supply.

2) Let the whole thing sit a couple of minutes (we want to allow any capacitors to discharge).

3) Be sure the Dolphin is out of the water and sitting upside-down on a level surface (Tracks pointing skyward).

4) Reconnect the Dolphin to the power supply and the power supply to the outlet.

5) With the Dolphin still out of the water, perform a self-test. Simply turn on the Dolphin. Within about 15 seconds it should begin to move. The tracks will spin in both directions with and without the impeller motor running at the same time. It is not unusual for the tracks to rotate at different speeds during this test. The test will last for 30 - 45 seconds or so. If it goes on indefinitely, turn it off and contact us for further direction.

6) Assuming the unit has now worked to this point, you should be able to put it back in the water and it will return to normal operation from this point on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.